iRecord Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
- When you use this website, you create and upload content - for instance, wildlife observations, photos of nature, your descriptions of it, and messages to the forums. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
(a) the content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree to this usage, and
(b) you agree that the content can be used on this site, and
(c) you agree that your wildlife observations can be made publicly available for wider use.
- Wildlife observations collected through this site will be stored securely at the Biological Records Centre and made available to experts for verification.
- Verified observations will be made available via the NBN Gateway. iRecord data will be collated alongside other data and made available via the NBN Gateway by the relevant national recording scheme, or will be provided directly via the NBN Gateway in a dataset administered by the Biological Records Centre and/or the relevant national recording scheme. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Once verified records have been made available, their use will be governed by the NBN Gateway Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted to a Vice County Recorder, Local Records Centre, National Recording Scheme or another online wildlife recording system.
- Having submitted a record to this site, please do not submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes. It will be made available to local records centres, conservation organisations, natural history societies and others with a legitimate interest in the data via the NBN Gateway.
- You may view wildlife records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not store them, republish them, exploit them for commercial or academic research purposes, or pass them on to any third party.
- Your contact details will be held in a database at the Biological Records Centre and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about the verification of your wildlife observations.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and may be made publicly available via the NBN Gateway along with the species name, date and location of the record.
- If you submit a record of a species that could be vulnerable to disturbance or persecution if the record is made publicly available, the record will be flagged as ‘sensitive’ and will not be made publicly available.