The National Biodiversity Network (NBN) is now accepting nominations for the 2018 UK Awards for Biological Recording and Information Sharing.
Developed in 2015 by the National Biodiversity Network Trust, the National Forum for Biological Recording and the Biological Records Centre, these annual Awards celebrate the individuals, the newcomers and the groups of people or organisations that are making outstanding contributions to biological recording and improving our understanding of the natural world in the UK.
There are six categories of awards:
- Gilbert White Youth Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- Gilbert White Adult Award for recording terrestrial and freshwater wildlife
- David Robertson Youth Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- David Robertson Adult Award for recording marine and coastal wildlife
- Lynne Farrell Group Award for recording wildlife
- Adult Newcomer Award for recording wildlife
All too often the painstaking work that individual and groups of biological recorders undertake is not publicly recognised. So help us put that right, and nominate your unsung hero!
Nominating someone couldn’t be simpler, just fill in our short form explaining how your nominee is making an exceptional contribution in the world of UK biological recording. You can even nominate yourself!
Nominations close on 19 August 2018 (extended deadline)., so please don’t leave it too late…. bit.ly/NBNawards18
The five short-listed nominees from each award category will be announced on 27 September, giving us the opportunity to recognise their achievements before announcing the winners at a special ceremony on 21 November, as part of the National Biodiversity Network's annual conference in Nottingham.