"Activities" on iRecord provide various options for joining in with recording activities. Some consist of just a data entry form tailored for a particular recording project, while others are group pages that can be set up for local or national recording schemes, and show summarised information about the group's progress.
Finding and joining Activities
- Go to the "Record" menu and choose "Activities".
- On the Activities page, make sure you are seeing the "Browse all activities" tab. You can scroll through the pages to see all the Activities available, or you can use the search box to look for a particular activity.
- Some Activities have blue buttons that you can make use of straight away, whether or not you have joined the Activity - just click on one of the blue buttons.
- But for many Activities, additional options will become available if you join the Activity, which you can do by clicking on the yellow star button.
- Depending on how the Activity has been set up, you may be able to join straight away, or you may have to wait for your request to be seen by the Activity's administrator (who will have been alerted to your request for membership).
- Once you have joined the Activity, it will appear in the "My activities" tab, and you will be able to see the full range of options available via the blue buttons on the right.
- You can remove the Activity from your "My activity" list by clicking on the red 'stop-sign' button.
Entering records for an Activity
Some Activities have their own "Enter a list of records" form (as shown in the Berkshire Moths example above). Sometimes the forms in the Activity will have been customised for that Activity, but in other cases the form will be the same as the standard "Enter a list of records" form available from the main "Record" menu.
You may also find that if you join an Activity and then go to the standard "Enter a list of records" form available via the main "Record" menu, you will see a box at the top of the form for "Record destination". This box allows you to specify that the records you are going to enter should be included in an Activity. Whether you need to put anything in this box depends on how that Activity has been set up - some Activities require you to say that you want your records to be included, others will include all relevant records anyway, in which case you won't need to tell the form that you want your records included. If in doubt, contact the organiser of the Activity that you wish to take part in.