Signing in to the website

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Signing in to the website

Twice this week (once just now and once on 19th Dec) I haven't been able to sign into the website and have had to reset my password. I have the password saved and normally there are no problems. I did try typing it in manually (and carefully, with caps lock off etc) but this made no difference. I seem to remember others may have had a similar problem shortly after the initial launch? Is anyone else having the same problem or can suggest a fix?

Me too

I've also had the same problem twice in the last week or so, having never previously had any problems logging in.

And me

Yes, recently tried to log in, for the first time in a while, have had to reset my password.

Hi chaps, is this problem

Hi chaps, is this problem ongoing or has it stopped? It seems to keep coming up but I don't know why, not happened to me yet!

Hi Graeme. Yes it's still

Hi Graeme. Yes it's still ongoing, had to request a new password again yesterday.

On a slightly different

On a slightly different subject, can anybody tell me where i find profile pages. I'm trying to follow the 'About' page advice by putting a spreadsheet together guided by the taxanomic breakdwon template, but alas cant seem to find it.

Cheers

Simon

Apologies for this ongoing

Apologies for this ongoing frustrating problem.  We are trying to track down the issue, which seems to only affect some users and is therefore liklely to be related to an individual's setup.  If you have this problem, please report the web browser being used at the time so we can look for a pattern.

thanks, David

A possible solution?

BRC and John van Breda have been on the case again his morning and a possible solution has been found.

My user name on the PSL site is "Mark Telfer". I'd forgotten this and was using my email address as my user name. It turns out I can log in using my email address but only after changing my password. JvB has now changed the PSL site so it shouldn't make any difference whether we use a user name or an email address. Is the problem solved? Maybe - please report it if you have to reset your password again.

Also, BRC are moving the hosting of the PSL website within the next month so the problem might disappear after that.

Mark

Thanks for looking into this.

Thanks for looking into this. I have reset my password today, so I will report back if I have any more problems. For info my browser is the most recent version of Firefox.

PSL and iRecord

I have been investigating this problem and I have found a cause, maybe even the cause.

If I log on to iRecord (http://www.brc.ac.uk/irecord/) and let the browser remember my username and password, it will then fill in the iRecord details next time I try to log on to the PSL website (http://www.brc.ac.uk/psl/). Presumably because both sites have addresses beginning http://www.brc.ac.uk/, they are assumed to be the same site. I get the same problem the other way as well - PSL log in details being filled in on the iRecord log in page.

James and others who've experienced this problem - could this be what's happened to you? Are you also using iRecord in between visits to the PSL site?

The obvious fix is to use the same password for PSL and iRecord!

Mark

Hi Mark

Hi Mark

I've never used iRecord so that wasn't the problem for me. I was using my email address as my user name and haven't had any problems since the changes made the other day.

Thanks for your efforts on this.

Tony

I was using iRecord as well,

I was using iRecord as well, but not always in between PSL website visits, and I also experimented with leaving myself signed in and entering my details from scratch, so it couldn't have just been that. However, like Tony I haven't had any problems in the last couple of days, so touch would whatever has been done has fixed the problem.

Thanks

Thanks Tony and James,

I think we will soon have a solution for the problem affecting people also using iRecord. Obviously there is (or was) another problem too but that might have gone away. Let's hope so!

Cheers,

Mark